Etsy Sellers are always asking, "I have heard that renewing my Etsy Listings regularly can help my items show up higher in Etsy Search Results. Is this true?"
I have done numerous experiments with this to see if it was true. In some cases, renewing a listing can definitely bump you up in search results for just a few hours. The problem is, if you do not get the timing just right, then it is ineffective. You can end up spending a ton of money renewing your listings a lot, and see very few results from it. So I personally recommend against renewing your listings very often, if at all.
Instead of renewing your listings, there are much more effective ways of improving your Etsy Shop in search results, such as fixing your item's Keywords, Design, Listing Description, and placement within your Etsy Shop Home Page.
Download Our Free Etsy Seller E-Book
Enter your email address to access now
But if you are thinking about trying out Renewing your listings, here are some tips:
- For items that are not getting more than 5 Keyword Searches within the last 30 day, try brand new Keywords first instead of promoting the heck out of the item. It may be that your item is showing up in search results, but no one clicks on them because the Keyword does not match your Listing well, or maybe because no one likes the design after all. So always try to fix your keywords first.
- Focus on selling your best-selling items more than anything. Make sure their keywords are strong and feel free to renew these listings maybe once per week if they are currently popular. But don't use listing renewals as a normal practice on Etsy. It can often times waste more money than you can make from it.
- Promote your items which are currently trending. The more an item gets sold, the more likely it will show up higher in a search results. Sales are much better for Keyword Searches than simply renewing an item. So if you continue to promote your current trending best sellers, then that will help bump up your Listings higher in search results. If you feel like it is doing exceptionally well, then it may be a good time to also do a couple of extra Listing renewals as well.
- If you renew listings that have not sold for 2 weeks or longer, then you'll just be promoting an item that does not sell well. The best thing you can do with that item is to either improve its design or fix its keywords. But don't renew items that already do not sell well. You'll just be wasting money doing that.
Overall, do not rely on Listing Renewals to give your Etsy Shop a boost. As always, the 2 most important things you can do on your Etsy Shop is:
- Make your Products better by making improving the item's design & photography
- Improving your Keywords to match the product you are trying to sell.
What is your experience with renewing listings on Etsy?
Share your experience with selling on Etsy in the comments below.