The next big holiday people celebrate is Valentines Day. And Etsy released a helpful data chart of search volume for people who buy for Valentines Day.
Right now, people are beginning their search for Valentines Day gift ideas on Etsy, and it will peak around January 23rd, and essentially be over on February 7th, one week before Valentines Day. Below is the chart Etsy provided all Etsy Sellers today.
In light of this data, here is what I recommend:
- Make roughly 5 new items on your Etsy Shop with the idea in mind that the item would be gifted or used for Valentines Day.
- Research keyword ideas that would are popular according to Etsy Search results, but around 2-3 words in a Keyword Phrase, to work well with your product.
- Quickly create a prototype of your new item and get it up on Etsy as quickly as possible.
- If it starts to get views, customers questions or sales, quickly improve the item's design, listing description, pricing and photography.
- Make sure this is all done and completed before January 23rd.
- These items do not have to be "Valentines Days" specific. They can be items that sell year round as romantic gifts, for anniversaries, birthdays, Christmas gifts, etc. But it helps to have Valentines Day as a starting point to inspire a new product design.
This means you have the next 2 weeks to get this process started and up on Etsy. You may not make a ton of money, but take the Holidays as a time to spur some new ideas and innovation and set a habit for rotating out old, bad designs and replacing them with new, trend-inspired designs.
One of our biggest mistakes on Etsy was not continually creating brand new ideas, based on the trends and seasons, with brand new keyword combinations. When we rotate designs, allow old listings to expire, and create brand new designs, it is one of the easiest ways to continually see sales come in, because we are not relying on old ideas.